Clarification of Zoom App Installation on BPS Chromebooks !
Overview of Zoom: Zoom can be accessed on any mobile device, (iphones, iPads, Android tablets, Microsoft tablets), and with Chromebooks, Apple Macbooks, and Microsoft Tablets. Depending on the device, an extension or app will have to be installed.
- If any families need to download Zoom on their devices they can go here: https://zoom.us/download
If using a BPS Chromebook, Directions for families and students with Chromebooks:
- Be sure students have logged into the DEVICE (not browsing on a GUEST account)
- Be sure students have logged into Google Chrome (@mybps.me)
- Be sure students have downloaded the ZOOM CLIENT for CHROMEBOOKS from the Google WEB Store. Click on the hyperlink to go to the Google Chrome Web Store for download.
- NOTE THAT EACH BPS STUDENT MUST INSTALL THE APP FOR THEIR INDIVIDUAL GOOGLE ACCOUNT(@mybps.me).
We have shared these videos from New Bedford Public Schools, that will be helpful if a Chromebook, or Zoom meeting link is acting wonky. Please be sure that you know how to assist your families if any problems arise.