Hyannis West Elementary Guidance Newsletter - November, 2017
Feel free to stop by or make an
appointment to see us!
Mrs. Delaney, Health/School Guidance Teacher
508-790-6480 x 129
A Good Night Sleep Is Very Important
Not getting enough sleep or not getting a good night sleep can affect a student’s academic, behavioral, social and emotional functioning. Establishing a regular bedtime routine is essential versus adhering to a set bedtime. Try some of these tips to help establish a consistent bedtime routine:
- Establish the steps to get ready for bed
- Establish what is needed to get ready for the next day
- Establish regular parent-child conversation at bedtime (what happened today)
- Read a bedtime story, sing a calming lullaby or song.
Using a Bedtime Chart is a great way for children to become more independent!
- Pick up my things
- Brush my teeth
- Get a drink of water
- Go to the bathroom
- Wash my hands
- Get my blanky and friends
- Say goodnight to everyone
- Get into bed and stay