Barnstable Public Schools Professional Development Board
The Barnstable Public School Professional Development Board will serve as a resource to the system so that site-based professional development plans and system professional development plans are organized in an efficient and effective manner that enhances inclusion of staff members as part of the decision making process. It is recognized that staff professional development will be evaluated to demonstrate its success with improved instructional strategies and academic growth for our students.
2017/2018 Professional Development Board Members
Keith Caldwell (Co-chair), Jane Anglin, Colleen Stone, Brenda Archambeault, Chaitra McCarty, Ann Mach-Dixon, Deb Thomas, Steve Moynihan, Kim White
Kristen Harmon (Co-chair), Jane Jezard, Bethann Orr, Jen Caron
The Professional Development Board Policy of Procedures will adhere to the following guidelines:
- Encourage PD proposals and projects to be initiated by BPS staff and administration.
- The PDB will be available, upon request, as a resource for school councils and school administrators to help meet school improvement plan objectives.
- The PDB will disseminate all professional development opportunities to staff in a timely manner.
- The PDB will review and approve all professional development course/workshop/project proposals to ensure compliance with state, district, and/or individual PD objectives, and PDB guidelines.
- Develop a system for approval of course reimbursement including approval, processing and reimbursement.
- Develop a mechanism for the evaluation of all PD activities.