Barnstable Public Schools
WELCOME TO OUR ANNUAL BACK TO SCHOOL
STUDENT INFORMATION SITE
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the Annual Back to School Student Information site? In order to best serve, support, and protect students, parents/guardians have been required to annually update each student’s personal and medical information. This is the first year we have moved to an online process.
- Why is the process online, rather than pen and paper? Our online process saves valuable time, while increasing efficiency and accuracy of this important information.
- Why is this process necessary? This once a year process is necessary in order for the school to have accurate, important student information, such as addresses, phone numbers, emergency contacts, and medical needs.
- How often is this updating of information required? This updating of information has been, and continues to be, required once a year.
- What information is needed before beginning the process? Before beginning the process you will need each student’s local identification number (see below), date of birth, and any information you will be editing or adding, such as addresses, phone numbers, and emergency contacts.
- Where is the student’s local identification number found? Many students know their local identification number (LASID), as it is used throughout their school experience. You can also find the LASID on your child’s lunch card, report card (grades 4-12), and in the family portal (grades 6-12). Also, a letter was given to students on October 24, 2016 with the LASID on it. If you are still unable to find this number, please contact your child’s school. PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION FOR USE EACH YEAR.
- Will I have to create a user name and password? No, this has been created for each student. The username is the student’s LASID number and the password is their date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy), including the / sign.
- Do I need a different user name and password for each student? Yes, the username and password are unique to each student. The username is the student’s LASID number and the password is the student’s date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy), including the / sign.
- What if I do not have any changes to make, do I still need to log in for each student and complete this process? Yes, if you do not have any changes to information you simply need to log in and verify the information for each student.
- Once logged in how long will updating the information take? If you have just a few changes the process should take about 5-10 minutes per student.
- When must the process be completed by? We have extended this window for parents/guardians to complete this important information by February 1, 2017.
- What if I do not update my child’s information by the end date? If you do not update the information the school will not have accurate contact and medical information for your child. In order to best serve, support, and protect students, we ask for this update annually, although this is the first year we have moved to an online process.
- What if my child recently registered, do I still have to complete this process? While we understand that information may not have changed since registering your child, verification of the information is still required.
- What if I have additional questions? Please contact the school's administrative assistant if you have any additional questions.