BHS Summer Credit Recovery 2019
PROGRAM DIRECTORLaura Welch
Location: BHS Library
Credit recovery provides an opportunity to earn credit for required courses in which students were unsuccessful during the academic school year. Students are eligible for credit recovery if they have a 50% or higher final grade in the course. Coursework requires a minimum of 10 hours each week.
Walk-in Registration and Orientation:
Students must attend a brief orientation during registration days before accessing their course:
June 24, 25 or 27
7:30 am - 11:30 am
2200 Computer Lab:
Teacher assistance is available at BHS Monday through Thursday from 7:00 am to 11:30am. Computers are also available during these hours on a first come, first served basis; we do not guarantee computer access. Also students can complete courses from any internet accessible computer 24/7.
- Final exams are proctored at BHS Library
- Students who register on June 24 will take exam on July 30
- Students who register on June 25 will take exam on July 31
- Students who register on June 27 will take exam on August 1
- Students must complete the course and be passing the course in order to take the final exam
- No refunds will be issued for students who fail to complete the course or fail to take the final exam
- Failure to take the final exam will result in an F for the course
Behavior standards and discipline policy are the same as during the school year. Repeated offense will result in removal from the summer program. A refund will not be issued for any student removed from the program.
Summer courses are not included in reporting of class standing.
All credit recovery courses are offered at the CP Level.
It is the student’s responsibility to determine whether or not credit recovery affects NCAA eligibility.
PLEASE NOTE: The course must be paid for by the exam or the credit will not be processed and the student may not be allowed to sit for the exam.
Barnstable Student Checkout: $200
All Barnstable Public School students must make payments with your My School Bucks account. You have the option of making a full payment or 4 weekly installments. Students who are in our system with a Free/reduce status will automatically default to the discounted rate.
No Refunds • No Transportation • No Extensions
June 24 | June 25 | June 27
7:30AM – 11:30AM
744 West Main Street, Hyannis
NOTE: Upon completion of registration and orientation courses begin right away.
FINAL EXAMSTuesday, July 30 (if registered on June 24)
Wednesday, July 31 (if registered on June 25)
Thursday, August 1 (if registered on June 27)
7:00AM – 11:00AM
NOTE: All dates are finite, no extensions will be given for any reason.
BHS Student: $200
Non-BHS Student: $250
- Payments due during registration through MySchool Bucks
- Payment plans are available
- NO REFUNDS
- We are unable to accept cash payments at this time.
- Language Arts 9
- Language Arts 10
- Language Arts 11
- Language Arts 12
- Algebra 1
- Algebra 2
- Intermediate Algebra
History & Social Studies
- US History 1
- US History 2
- World History
- Fundamentals of Life Science
- Foundation of Personal Wellness
- Career Planning & Development