BHS Summer Credit Recovery 2018
PROGRAM DIRECTORLaura Welch
Phone: 508-790-6445 X137
Location: BHS Room 2200 Computer Lab
Credit recovery provides an opportunity to earn credit for required courses in which students were unsuccessful during the academic school year. Students are eligible for credit recovery if they have a 50% or higher final grade in the course. Coursework requires a minimum of 10 hours each week.
Students must attend a brief orientation during registration on June 26, 27, or 28 before accessing their course.
2200 Computer Lab:
Teacher assistance is available at BHS Monday through Thursday from 7:00 am to 11:30am. Computers are also available during these hours on a first come, first served basis; we do not guarantee computer access. Also students can complete courses from any internet accessible computer 24/7.
- Final exams are proctored at BHS Computer Lab room 2200
- Students who register on June 26 will take exam on July 31
- Students who register on June 27 will take exam on August 1
- Students who register on June 28 will take exam on August 2
- Students must complete the course and be passing the course in order to take the final exam
- No refunds will be issued for students who fail to complete the course or fail to take the final exam
- Failure to take the final exam will result in an F for the course
- If students complete course work ahead of schedule, students may make an appointment with the Summer School director to take the exam at an earlier date.
Behavior standards and discipline policy are the same as during the school year. Repeated offense will result in removal from the summer program. A refund will not be issued for any student removed from the program.
Summer courses are not included in reporting of class standing.
All credit recovery courses are offered at the CP Level.
It is the student’s responsibility to determine whether or not credit recovery affects NCAA eligibility.
PLEASE NOTE: The course must be paid for by the exam or the credit will not be processed and the student may not be allowed to sit for the exam.
Barnstable Student Checkout: $200
All Barnstable Public School students must make payments with your My School Bucks account. You have the option of making a full payment or 4 weekly installments. Students who are in our system with a Free/reduce status will automatically default to the discounted rate.
No Refunds • No Transportation • No Extensions
FINAL EXAMSTuesday, July 31Wednesday, August 1
Thursday, August 27:00AM – 11:00AM
BHS Computer Lab Room 2200
NOTE: All dates are finite, no extensions will be given for any reason.
BHS Student: $200
Non-BHS Student: $250
- NO REFUNDS
- We are unable to accept cash payments at this time.
- Language Arts 9
- Language Arts 10
- Language Arts 11
- Language Arts 12
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
- Intermediate Algebra
History & Social Studies
- US History I
- US History II
- World History
- Environmental Science
- Foundation of Personal Wellness
- Career Planning & Development