April 3, 2017
HS RAIDER REVIEWBy Hannah Fay, Student Public Relations and Marketing InternBarnstable High School News for: April 3, 2017Keeping the public informed of excellence at Barnstable High School.Hyannis, April 3, 2017:
- MCAS testing for 8th graders will be held in April. ELA testing will take place Tuesday, April 25th through Thursday, April 27th. Grade 8 Testing for Mathematics will be held May 18th and 19th. Grade 8 Testing for Science will be held May 22nd and 23rd.
- Math MCAS testing for 10th graders will be held on May 16th and 17th.
- AP testing season is nearly here. Testing will take place the first two weeks in May, with a pre-registration date for students in-school on Wednesday, April 12th. A full calendar of testing dates is available on the school website.
- Report Cards for Term 3 will be sent home on Thursday, April 13th. Parents, please ask your students to share these reports with you!
- There will be no school on Friday, April 14th through Friday, April 21st due to Spring Vacation! In addition, Thursday, April 13th will be a half day for students. Enjoy your time off, Red Raiders!
- The Barnstable Youth Commission presents the first “Ready, Set, Work” Job Fair on April 12th. This free event is open to anyone 18 and under, and will run from 2:30 PM to 5:00 PM at the Hyannis Youth and Community Center. Several local businesses will be present at this event, where kids can learn how to prepare for an interview, the importance of a resume and how to write one, and how to complete a job application. The Youth Commission hopes to see you there!
- The annual Barnstable High School fashion show “Final Cut” is coming soon! It will be held on Wednesday, April 12th at 6 PM in the Performing Arts Center. Come see our students’ amazing fashion designs!
- Congratulations to the Barnstable High School students that advanced to the International Career Development Conference for DECA! Best of luck to Rory Dwyer, Lizzy Campbell, and Griffin Beels at their competition in Anaheim, CA!
Check out our upcoming sporting events on: https://www.barnstable.k12.ma.us/athletics
- On March 29, 2017, 116 Juniors were inducted into the Barnstable High School Chapter of the National Honor Society. In addition, the following individuals were awarded Honorary Membership in the National Honor Society: Edward Guazzaloca, Barnstable High School Eighth Grade Science Teacher and Senior Class Advisor, Steve Luciani, member of the Centerville Civic Association and owner of Coachlight Carpets, and Rebecca Stockhaus, Barnstable High School Administrative Assistant. Congratulations to all!