Welcome to Centerville Elementary School Health Services
Grades K through 3School Nurse:
Colleen Santos BSN, RN, CPN
Fax: 508-790-9895The Health Office is opened during school hours providing professional nursing care to students and the school community. The school nurse's role includes:
- Assessing student health status and making referrals
- Identify vision and hearing problems that impact learning
- Delivering emergency care
- Administering medications
- Performing health care procedures
- Disaster preparedness
- Providing health counseling and wellness programs
- Creating individual health care plans for students with health care needs
Healthy Children Learn Better!Yearly Health ScreeningsThe Barnstable Public Schools conduct the following health screenings as mandated by Massachusetts General Law and the Department of Public Health (DPH). Parents/ guardians should refer to the schools handbook; you can request in writing that your child not participate.
Documentation of a recent physical exam is required when registering to enter the Barnstable Public Schools and in grades K, 3, 7, and 10. A yearly physical exam is also required for students participating in interscholastic sports. Schools follow the Mass Immunization Requirement for schoolsParents will be notified by the health office if their child fails a vision, hearing, or postural screening. If you have any questions about this information, please do not hesitate to contact the school’s health office.**Please see Families Need to Know letter.**
- Vision will be screened in grades K-5, 7, and 10.
- Hearing will be screened in grades K- 3, 7, and 10.
- Height & Weight will be measured in grades 1, 4, 7, and grade 10.
- Postural Screening will be conducted in grades 5-9.