Welcome to the Office of the Superintendent
Dr. Meg Mayo-Brown
Superintendent of SchoolsPhone: 508-862-4953
Email: email@example.comTwitter: Follow @meg_bpsBarnstable Public Schools Capital Projects Update
As we near the mid-point of Fiscal Year 2019, we continue our construction and planning activities on existing and upcoming Capital Improvement Projects (CIPs). The following is an overview of our current and upcoming projects:
- Barnstable Community Horace Mann Charter Public School Roof and Façade Renovations – all work has been completed on this project. Renovations to the facility included full replacement of both the flat and sloped roofs, replacement of all wood trim (soffits, rakes, and eaves with composite materials), new gutters/downspouts, a total rebuild of the cupola using custom composite millwork and copper and replacement of the rear entrance porticos. Additionally, improvements were made for the ease of accessibility for parking, entry and rest rooms.
- Barnstable High School 21st Learning Center Project – the Barnstable High School Library has undergone a major transformation including a state of the art HVAC system, new window walls with programmable auto tinting features which account for changes in outside ambient light to control solar gain during the heating and cooling seasons. The interior space has been upgraded to include new acoustical flooring and wall panels, lighting, furniture and improved audio/visual features. The grand opening is scheduled for after the Holiday Break.
- Barnstable High School Cafeteria Storefront – renovation work on the BHS cafeteria main façade has been completed with replacement of the storefront glass, panels and doors. The renovation also included the replacement of 9 rectangular fixed windows.
- Districtwide Voice Over Internet Protocol ( VOIP ) Phone System – the Barnstable High School Phone and PA system were replaced over summer break and were operational for the start of the school year. We are currently planning conversion at the Barnstable United Elementary School over winter break followed by Barnstable Intermediate during spring/summer. The new VOIP system will eventually connect all of our district’s facilities via our fiber network allowing easy 4 digit dialing between any location.
- Barnstable High School Athletic Fields Upgrades – we have finalized schematic design and have completed both survey and geo tech activities. Work will now focus on final design development, creation of construction documents, permitting and bidding and a spring construction start.
- Barnstable High School HVAC Upgrades – we are currently working with engineering to develop plans and specifications to replace HVAC Roof Top Units 4, 5 & 6. These units provide service to the entire HS 1400’s wing excluding the field house and gym. This work is scheduled to commence in 2019/2020.