It is part of our mission to provide enrichment for all BCHMCPS students. Following is an outline of our Enrichment Teacher’s Program:
- Analyze assessment data to determine eligibility for specialized enrichment programs
- Design and deliver effective enrichment opportunities for the students that have significantly exceeded grade level expectations
- Interpret the school’s enrichment program for staff, parents, and members of the community
- Coordinate annual school-wide Enrichment Cluster program, a six-week schedule of small, cross-grade classes focusing on authentic, hands-on relevant learning across an area of disciplines. The Cluster program relies heavily on parent and community volunteers.
- Model gifted strategies in classrooms for all learners
- Work with teachers to compact curriculum and design learning experiences, which are connected to the curriculum and can be taught concurrently, for learners who are exceeding grade level expectations
For the 2015-2016 school year, grades 1, 2 and 3 will each have a small-group pullout session for Reading, Writing and Math. Two students will be chosen by classroom teachers from each class for each subject-specific group. Groups may during the school year.If your child is chosen for Enrichment, a permission slip will be sent home and must be signed for him/her to participate in this pull-out program.
- Provide for on-going evaluation of the school enrichment program and make modifications as needed