Barnstable Intermediate School Althletics
Basketball Try-out Dates
Girls: December 4, 6, & 9
Boys: December 10, 11, & 12
This winter, boys and girls in grades six and seven may try out for our interscholastic sports teams in basketball. Students who agree to join our sports teams must commit themselves to the team scedule and model expected behavior according the BIS Expected Behavior Matrix.
- Physical Exams: A physical exam must be current (within the past 13 months) and signed by the physician. If the student’s physical expires during the season, they will not be able to play until a new exam is received. Please return all updated physical forms to the BIS Health Office. Physical Form
- Complete Online Concussion Course: State law requires that student-athletes, along with their parent(s)/guardian(s), complete an online concussion course. Once you complete the training and quiz, you can print out a certificate, making it easy to show your league or school you are ready for the season. Assistance will be available at lunch and PLAY if needed.
- The Barnstable Public Schools Annual Update must be completed.
- Permisson Slip: Complete the permission slip.
- Athletic User Uniform Fee: There is a $20.00 user fee for all of our student-athletes that will collected once the teams are selected. Please make checks payable to the: Town of Barnstable
*All forms should be completed and turned in to the front office by November 26. Students will not be eligible to try out without the completed forms.