WEST VILLAGES ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Kirk Gibbons, Principal
760 Osterville W. Barnstable Road Marstons Mills, MA 02648
Phone: 508-420-1100 & Fax: 508-420-1486
January 10, 2018
Dear Parent or Guardian:
We are pleased to enclose a copy of our school’s report card. It contains information about school and district accountability, achievement, our students and teachers, and other important measures of school performance.
The first page of the report card contains important accountability information:
- Accountability and Assistance Levels: Schools and districts are placed into one of five accountability and assistance levels (1-5), with the highest rating being Level 1 and lowest rating being Level 5. Our school has been given an accountability designation of “no level” because students in our school participated in the 2017 Next-Generation MCAS tests.
The first page of the report card also shows how students in our school are performing on the Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System (MCAS) tests. Achievement and progress information is reported for our school and is also compared to the performance of our district and the state.
The second page of the report card provides information about the students and teachers in our school as compared to the district and the state. Also included are other important measures of school performance, such as attendance, suspension rates, and high school performance.
To improve student performance in our school, we are making use of our new professional development time during half days to plan lessons with context based activities, exploring ways to diversify instruction according to different learning styles, looking at descriptive data to target our interventions, and implementing social emotional curricula to support the underlying well being of students which is the basis of all other learning. We encourage you to become involved in helping us improve our school. Some of the ways you can become involved are:
- Encouraging your child’s learning at home
- Attending parent-teacher meetings and other special meetings
- Serving as a volunteer in our school or district
- Encouraging other parents to become involved
For more information about what we are doing to improve student achievement or to request information about the qualifications of your child’s classroom teachers, please feel free to contact us at 508-420-1100. For a full copy of this report card, or to see report cards for other schools, visit profiles.doe.mass.edu.
Kirk Gibbons, Principal