Spring Athletics 2020 - March 13, 2020
- The MIAA has postponed the start of the spring season for two weeks. The new projected start date is 3/30/20.
- The status of the situation will be re-evaluated prior to 3/30/20.
- In accordance with MIAA rules, there is to be NO coach/player contact prior to 3/30. (1 informational meeting is permitted with approval from AD.)
- Captain's practices are NOT sanctioned by the MIAA or BHS.
- Re-scheduling of postponed/canceled games, should the season take place, is unknown at this time.
- Registration on Family ID remains open and will remain open indefinitely. We will still be collecting up to date physicals in the Athletic Office 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM M-F.
Let's all work together and support the greater good in this challenging time.
Please stay tuned and feel free to call the Athletic Office with any questions or concerns.
Scott Thomas, Athletic Director
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
Dear BHS Athletic Community:
Due to the fatigued state of the synthetic turf located in the stadium, and the projected replacement date of Fiscal Year 2022, we are adjusting our access to the surface until it is replaced. The surface will be groomed, with the infill graded on a regular basis by the Facilities Department here at Barnstable High School. The stadium will be designated as a game surface only, for Barnstable High School varsity athletic programs effective immediately.
Based upon our most recent G-Max testing, the stadium turf is safe and playable. Our goal remains to prolong the usable life of the stadium turf, until its projected replacement in Fiscal Year 2022.
Please adjust all curriculum and extra-curricular plans according to this conclusion. The Facilities Department will be adjusting their rental practices, in order to minimize continual turf deterioration.
Thank you for your attention, communication, understanding, and planning regarding this important matter.
Scott Thomas, CAA
Barnstable High School Athletic Director
Spring Sports Coaches
|Tim Flynn||Boys Lacrossefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bruce Robertson||Girls Lacrosseemail@example.com|
|Tom Brognano||Boys Trackfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Keith Caldwell||Girls Trackemail@example.com|
|Mark Titus||Girls Golffirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lou Giglio||Girls Tennisemail@example.com|
|Mike Sarney||Boys Tennisfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mary Lou Robles||Boys Volleyballemail@example.com|
Ways to treat sports injuries while eliminating or reducing the use of opioid-based pain relievers.
Barnstable Athletic Advisory Council
The newly formed Athletics Advisory Committee: The objective for the group is to ensure that athletic activities are guided by the positive behavior expectations and core values which govern the school at large. Thanks to the faculty, students and parents who have volunteered for the new committee.
- March 2020 - Meeting Minutes
- January 2020 - Meeting Minutes
- November 2019 -Meeting Minutes
- January 2019 - Meeting Minutes
- November 2018 - Meeting Minutes