Did you know that school buses are the safest form of transportation in the country?Please check out this link for safety tips and activity's for the kids:
Safety tip reminders for students:
- Arrive at the bus stop at least five minutes early.
- Stand at least 5 giant steps (10 feet) away from the edge of the road.
- Wait until the bus stops, the door opens, and the driver says it’s okay before stepping onto the bus.
- Be careful that clothing with drawstrings and bookbags with straps or dangling objects do not get caught in the handrail or door when exiting the bus.
- Check both ways for cars before stepping off the bus.
Crossing students should:
The School Bus Safety Poster Contest Winner:
- Walk in front of the bus; never walk behind the bus.
- Walk on the sidewalk or along the side of the road to a point at least 10 giant steps ahead of the bus.
- Be sure the bus driver can see them, and they can see the bus driver.
- Wait for the driver’s signal to cross.
School Bus Green? Take a look at how school buses have come a long way in being much more efficient and clean!