November 2023 GATEWAY Department Newsletter
All students in Barnstable have talents and interests to be celebrated and developed!
Is my child in GATEWAY?
GATEWAY is available for ALL students in Barnstable K-12. The specific question to ask is which tiered support in GATEWAY is my child currently receiving?
Core Academic Extension & Enrichment
Pull-out Targeted Advanced Instruction
All students in grades K-7 have three tiers for support.
Tier 1 – Interest Enrichment
All students have the opportunity to receive enrichment based on their individual interests.
Students, families, and/or staff members can…
- submit an Action Information Message
- complete student surveys under the student tab on the website:
- complete GATEWAY Family Survey: Available in English, Portuguese, and Spanish under the family tab on the website
- reach out to the GATEWAY specialist at your school for additional resources
- access links for enrichment and exploration on the GATEWAY Enrichment and Extension Resources webpage
Tier 2 – Core Academic Extensions
Students who are exceeding the grade level standards may receive additional support to enrich their learning in their classroom. Enrichment may be based on interest level and/or added rigor to the grade-level standards. GATEWAY has multiple resources for teachers in Barnstable Public Schools to aid in this differentiation. Staff have the opportunity to request materials by contacting the GATEWAY teacher or Teaching and Learning office.
Tier 3 – Pull-out Targeted Advanced Instruction
Students who are identified using multiple measures receive pull-out, targeted instruction by the GATEWAY Teacher.
GATEWAY at Barnstable High School