June 20, 2022
Hello Hyannis West Families!
Thank you to all the families who visited Hyannis West for Title I Game Night and/or Field Day. It is amazing to see our families in person again! It’s been too long! We hope you enjoyed the quality time with your child and connecting with other Hy West students and families.
Since the last day of school is Monday, June 27th, this is my last weekly Hy West Family News of this school year. I want to say THANK YOU to all of our Hy West Families for reading these newsletters each week and for being so involved in your child’s educational experience. When home and school work together, students are successful!!! Now that families are finally being allowed INTO the school building, I look forward to connecting with families even more in the future!
For those of you moving on to 4th grade at Barnstable United Elementary or moving out of our district, I wish you the absolute best! If you ever need anything, please reach out. You will always be part of the Hy West community!
A few important things to know for the last week of school:
- The last day of school for students is Monday, June 27th. It is a half-day of school. Pick-up is at 11:45 and the buses will leave by 12:00. There is no afterschool daycare or 21st Century Program on half days.
- We do hold a school-wide assembly on the last day of school. Some awards are presented to students at this time. IF your child is receiving an award, you will be notified ahead of time so you can attend.
- Please continue to check your email periodically over the summer. If there is news to share with our families, this will be the method of communication.
- If you have or know a child in our district who will be 5 years old by September 1st, they need to register for Kindergarten.
- If your child is in 3rd grade and you are staying in Barnstable Public Schools, their records will automatically be transferred to Barnstable United Elementary School, where they will attend 4th and 5th grade. You don’t have to notify anyone or do anything.
- A reminder that all Lost and Found items that aren’t claimed by the end of the school year, will be donated. If your child is missing something please email me or feel free to stop by Hyannis West to take a look.
- If you are interested in volunteering at Hyannis West next school year, you can sign-up now.
Volunteer information in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
I wish you a happy, healthy summer and I thank you, again, for sharing your child/children with us. I look forward to our continued partnership in the future!