June 5, 2022
Hello Hyannis West Families!
With only 14 ½ days of school remaining in this school year, there is lots of learning and fun left to do!
- The week of June 13th will be Hyannis West School Pride Week. Each day will have a different theme. Please see the flier below for details.
- Over the last couple of weeks, all students participated in district-wide reading and math assessments. We are excited as a school to review the results and celebrate how much progress our students have made!
- Title I Family Game Night is this Thursday, June 9th, from 5:45 - 6:45 p.m. It will be held in the Hy West Courtyard, so bring a blanket and a game to play. If you are planning to attend, please complete and return the form so we can have an accurate count. The rain date for this event is Tuesday, June 14th.
- Our 3rd graders had a wonderful visit to Barnstable United Elementary School last week! They especially liked the lunch choices, the size of the gym, and the lockers. Please be sure to talk to your 3rd grader about how they’re feeling about moving onto a different school. Transitions can be exciting for some and challenging for others.
- If you have or know a child in our district who will be 5 years old by September 1st, they need to register for Kindergarten.
- For the next couple of weeks, we will work on the Star Expectation of including others. It’s important for children to notice how others are feeling and to help them to feel welcomed, valued, and included.
- In an effort to increase our security protocols, we are asking that anyone who is coming to pick up a student during school hours please be ready to show identification. I know this may be inconvenient for some, but keeping our students and staff safe is our number one priority.
- Parents/Guardians of Hy West students are invited to our Field Day on Friday, June 17th, to cheer on your child. Students will spend a half day outside with their classmates, participating in fun activities. Please do NOT just walk to the back of the school. Every visitor MUST check in at the front office before heading out to Field Day. Thank you for your cooperation and we hope to see you there!
- A big thank you to our PTO (Parent/Teacher Organization) and to all the families who attended the monthly Zoom meetings. Your efforts helped the PTO to raise close to $20,000 for our future playground project. The additional money raised this year also funded field trips and other school-wide activities.
- Our Lost and Found is still overflowing! Check out the pictures of the lost clothing items on our Hy West PTO Facebook Page. If items aren’t claimed by the end of the school year, they will be donated.
- If your child is sick and cannot attend school, please report their absence to Nurse Ricki at (508) 790-6480 ext. 1532 or via email.
- Please use these important links as needed:
Have a wonderful week! If you ever have any questions, concerns or feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Mr. Currey or me.
Respectfully, Kathi Amato