May 22, 2022
Hello Hyannis West Families!
Please enjoy this Hyannis West Family News!
- There is a half day of school this Friday, May 27th for teacher professional development. Pick-up is at 11:45 and buses will leave at 12:00. There is no afterschool daycare or 21st Century Program on half days.
- There is no school on Monday, May 30th, in observance of Memorial Day.
- Each grade is practicing a patriotic song that they will sing during a school-wide Memorial Day assembly on Friday, May 27th. The songs are:
- Kindergarten - When the Flag Goes By
- 1st Grade - You’re a Grand Old Flag
- 2nd Grade - America the Beautiful
- 3rd Grade - God Bless America
- Our Star Expectation for the next two weeks will be using kind, respectful words. The words we use are powerful and can lift someone up or tear them down.
- Our Lost and Found is overflowing! Thank you to our PTO Vice President, Jessica Cisternelli, for taking pictures of the lost clothing items and posting them on our Hy West PTO Facebook Page. Check it out!
- Our 3rd graders worked really hard on the Math MCAS this past week. If your child was absent and missed one or more of the sessions, they will make it up this week.
- Do you or someone you know live in the Hyannis West area and have a child who will be 5 years old on or before September 1st? If so, they can be registered for school.
- Save the Date! Our Title I Department will be hosting a Game Night for Hyannis West students and their families on June 9th, 5:45 - 6:45 in the Hy West Courtyard. Bring a blanket and a game to play. This is a great chance to meet other Hy West families. More information will be sent home in backpacks soon.
- Our next PTO (Parent/Teacher Organization) meeting is Wednesday, June 1st at 6:00 p.m. via Zoom. We’d love to see you!
- If your child is sick and cannot attend school, please report their absence to Nurse Ricki at (508) 790-6480 ext. 1532 or via email.
- Please use these important links as needed:
Have a wonderful week! If you ever have any questions, concerns or feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Mr. Currey or me.
Respectfully, Kathi Amato