February 27, 2022
Hello Hyannis West Families!
I hope you all had a great week! We look forward to seeing your child back in school tomorrow, February 28th.
- Thank you to all of our families who bought and/or sold our Hy West PTO March Prize Calendars. Since the drawings begin March 1st, ALL calendar entries that were bought or sold must be returned with the money by Tuesday morning. Online entries are still being accepted.
- Save the date! On Thursday, March 10th, at 6:30 p.m., we will be holding a Family Zoom Storytelling Night w/ award winning storyteller, Antonio Rocha. I will email a Zoom link before the event. Hope you can make it!
- Hyannis West is a Title I school. This means we receive federal Title I funding to support all students. Each week the Title I teachers will share information about what they are teaching and provide resources that our families can use at home to support their child’s learning. This week’s update focuses on 2nd and 3rd grade Reading and Math.
- Our school also shares a School Report Card with our families annually. To view the Hyannis West report card, please click on the link below:
- For the next 2 weeks, our school-wide STAR expectation is respecting and accepting differences. We will tie in showing empathy and compassion to others and respecting and accepting the feelings of others and the choices they make.
- As you may already be aware, the Barnstable School Committee voted to lift the mask mandate in schools as of February 28th. Mask wearing in school is now optional. Mask wearing, however, is mandatory on buses as that is a Federal mandate. If your child rides the bus, please be sure they board each morning with a mask. At school we will continue to enforce proper hand washing and sanitizing and have students visit the Nurse with any signs of illness. We ask that our families continue to keep students home when sick and contact Nurse Ricki at (508) 790-6480 ext. 1532 or via email at email@example.com.
- Later in the week, we will be sending out a brief survey. At Hyannis West, our goal is to include and meet the needs of all groups represented at our school and in our community. Please look for and complete the brief survey. It is very important to us that we hear from all our families. We value your honest feedback on this survey.
- Yearbooks are now on sale! Each yearbook is $12 for Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grades. All third grade students will receive a free yearbook at the end of the year! Flyers will go home soon, but you can also order them online
- Please use these important links as needed:
- Our next PTO (Parent/Teacher Organization) meeting is Wednesday, March 2nd at 6:00 p.m. via Zoom. Hope to see you!
- Registration for incoming Kindergarten students for the 2022 - 2023 school year is now open! If you, or someone you know, needs to register a child who will be 5 years old by September 1, 2022, please register.
If you ever have any questions, concerns or feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Mr. Currey or me.
Respectfully, Kathi Amato