January 2, 2022
Hello Hyannis West Families!
Happy New Year! I hope this newsletter finds you and your family well! We are looking forward to seeing everyone back at school tomorrow. In order for a safe, healthy start, I want to remind everyone of the following protocols:
- If your child is sick, please keep them home and contact Ricki Balestri, our School Nurse (508) 790-6480 ext. 1532. If your child arrives at school with COVID symptoms, they will be sent home.
- If someone at home has tested positive, your child will need to quarantine at home. Please call our School Nurse for quarantine timelines.
- Please send your child to school with a mask that fits properly over their nose and mouth. This includes when they ride the bus in the morning.
- If your child attended school the day before vacation, they should have received a COVID rapid test kit in their backpack. The district is encouraging students to test today (Sunday). If your child tests positive today or tested positive at any point during the break (on any type of test), please do the following:
- Report the case using the following form: COVID-19 Positive Case Reporting Form
- Notify your child’s pediatrician of the positive test result.
- We strongly recommend that all positive home tests be followed up with a PCR.
- This week’s Star Expectation is whole body listening. The language we use is “eyes watching, ears listening, body still, and voice off”. Coming back after a long break from school is the perfect time to practice what good listening looks and sounds like. As always, feel free to use the Star language at home as well. The more connections that can be made at home and at school, the more successful our kids will be!
- Start saving your coins! Look for the Penny War flier to come home this week! This Hy West PTO (Parent-Teacher Organization) fundraiser will take place January 10th - 21st.
- Our next PTO (Parent/Teacher Organization) meeting is Wednesday, January 5th at 6:00 p.m. via Zoom. Hope to see you!
- It’s extremely important to update your child’s contact information each year.
Portal link and directions.
The username is your child’s 6 digit ID (“lunch number”) which the classroom teacher can provide for you. The password is your child’s birthdate _ _/_ _/_ _ _ _.
Have a wonderful break with family and friends! If you ever have any questions, concerns or feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Mr. Currey or me.
Respectfully, Kathi Amato