December 19, 2021
Hello Hyannis West Families!
- Only 3 days of school this week, then we’re on a break until January 3rd. Wishing everyone a happy, healthy holiday season and a very happy new year! Here is a holiday sing along compliments of Mrs. Gonsalves, our Music teacher, and our students!
- This week we will have some Hy West Fun Days
- Monday, December 20th - Wear Red, Green, or Blue
- Tuesday, December 21st - Holiday Headband or Hat
- Wednesday, December 22nd - Ugly/Festive Sweater
- Our school-wide Star Expectation last week and this week is responsible mask wearing. While we do our best to keep students 3 ft apart, mask wearing is the most effective way we can avoid in-school transmission of Covid. Students are not required to wear their mask when outside at recess or during mask breaks. During mask breaks students are typically engaged in a quiet activity where talking is limited. Star Students for each class are chosen on Friday and they earn a certificate and a book from our Book Vending Machine!
- Start saving your coins! Coming soon Hy West Classrooms will be participating in a Penny War! This Hy West PTO (Parent-Teacher Organization) fundraiser will take place January 10th - 21st. Details to follow!
- If your child becomes fully vaccinated (2 weeks after 2nd shot), please let our school nurse know as there are different protocols for close contacts based on vaccination status. You can fax the proof of vaccination to (508) 790-9844 or take a screenshot and email it to email@example.com. Also, if you, or someone in your household, tests positive over the week we are out of school, please email me, Mr. Currey or Nurse Ricki. Thank you!
- The Hy West PTO is organizing a March “Daily Prize Calendar” fundraiser. We are currently collecting donations from local businesses to put on our calendar. If you are a business owner and would like to donate a product or service to the fundraiser (i.e. landscaping, painting, housecleaning, etc.), it’s a great way to advertise your business! If you work at a business who may be willing to donate (i.e. restaurant gift card, movie tickets, etc.), that would be great too! If you have something to add to our calendar, please email me or Mr. Currey with the information.
- Our next PTO (Parent/Teacher Organization) meeting is Wednesday, January 5th at 6:00 p.m. via Zoom. Hope to see you!
- It’s extremely important to update your child’s contact information each year.
Portal link and directions.
The username is your child’s 6 digit ID (“lunch number”) which the classroom teacher can provide for you. The password is your child’s birthdate _ _/_ _/_ _ _ _.
Have a wonderful break with family and friends! If you ever have any questions, concerns or feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Mr. Currey or me.
Respectfully, Kathi Amato