December 12, 2021
Hello Hyannis West Families!
- Thank you for attending last week’s Parent Conference with your child’s teacher! I hope you found the time positive, useful and informative. Partnership between home and school is so important to a child’s educational success!
- Apparently, there were some technical glitches with families accessing their child’s Report cards in Aspen. If you still need an electronic copy emailed to you or a paper copy sent home in your child’s backpack, please contact your child’s teacher.
- Winter vacation starts on December 23rd. We will return to school on Monday, January 3rd. The week of December 20th we will have some Hy West Fun Days.
- Monday, December 20th - Wear Red, Green, or Blue
- Tuesday, December 21st - Holiday Headband or Hat
- Wednesday, December 22nd - Ugly/Festive Sweater
- Our Lost and Found is getting full! Thanks to our Hy West PTO for purchasing a rack to organize all the clothing. Check out our Hy West PTO Facebook Page to see if you notice any of the lost items.
- Start saving your coins! Coming soon Hy West Classrooms will be participating in a Penny War! This Hy West PTO (Parent-Teacher Organization) fundraiser will take place January 10th - 21st. Details to follow!
- COVID cases are on the rise at our school and in our town. Please do not send your child to school if they are sick or if someone in your household is sick and being tested for COVID. If your child is identified as a close contact outside of school, please notify us as soon as possible. If your child is a close contact to a positive COVID case in school, families have the option to have their child quarantine at home or participate in the Test and Stay Program at school. Complete the consent form to give permission for your child to participate in the Test and Stay Program if they are to be identified as a close contact.
- Our next PTO (Parent/Teacher Organization) meeting is this Wednesday, January 5th at 6:00 p.m. via Zoom. Hope to see you!
- It’s extremely important to update your child’s contact information each year.
Portal link and directions.
The username is your child’s 6 digit ID (“lunch number”) which the classroom teacher can provide for you. The password is your child’s birthdate _ _/_ _/_ _ _ _.
- Have a great week! If you ever have any questions, concerns or feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Mr. Currey or me
Respectfully, Kathi Amato