December 5, 2021
Hello Hyannis West Families!
- Report cards were posted on Friday. I sent an email to all families on Thursday with instructions on how to access your child’s report card online.
- This Tuesday and Thursday, December 7th and 9th are half days for Parent/Teacher Conferences. All conferences will be done virtually via Zoom. This is an important time to meet your child’s teacher, celebrate what your child has learned, and discuss how you can support your child at home. Your child’s teacher has already reached out to schedule an appointment. If you haven’t responded, please contact them as soon as possible.
- The weather is getting colder. Please remember to send your child with warm clothing. We WILL go outside for recess unless the temperature or windchill is 18 degrees or below so please plan accordingly.
- Our Intruder/ALICE drill occurred on Wednesday. The staff and students did an amazing job responding to an imaginary scenario. Based on the scenario, some classes made the decision to lockdown in the classroom while others chose to evacuate and walk to the rally points outside.
- We are continuing with our Star Expectation of following directions the first time. We focus on what this expectation looks like in all areas of our school. Every Friday a Star Student is chosen from each classroom. Their picture is taken and displayed on a Star Student bulletin board. They also choose a book from our Book Vending Machine! Use this Star Expectation at home too! The more kids see how school and home connect, the more successful they will be!
- When a student is identified as a close contact to a positive Covid case in school, families have the option to have their child quarantine or participate in the Test and Stay program. You will need to complete a consent form for your child to participate in Test and Stay.
- Our next PTO (Parent/Teacher Organization) meeting is this Wednesday, January 5th at 6:00 p.m. via Zoom. Hope to see you!
- Wondering what’s for breakfast or lunch each day?
Breakfast and lunch menus
- For your child’s safety, each year we ask families to update their child’s contact information.
Portal link and directions.
The username is your child’s 6 digit ID (“lunch number”) which the classroom teacher or Ms. Curran can provide for you. The password is your child’s birthdate _ _/_ _/_ _ _ _.
- Have a great week! If you ever have any questions, concerns or feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Mr. Currey or me.
Respectfully, Kathi Amato