November 21, 2021
Greetings Hyannis West Families!
- Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, there is NO school this Wednesday through Friday, 11/24 - 11/26. Please know how thankful we are for our Hy West students and families!
- On Friday our entire school enjoyed our school-wide rewards - ice cream and stuffed animals! This reward was a result of our students earning paper stars for being respectful, responsible and safe. All stars go into a box at the front office and every time we fill it up, we earn a school-wide reward!
- Every two weeks our school will focus on a Star Expectation. Last week we continued practicing using materials correctly. We focused on what this expectation looks like during specials (Art, Music, Gym, Science), during recess, and when using technology. Every Friday a Star Student is chosen from each classroom. Their picture is taken and displayed on a Star Student bulletin board. They also receive a token to be used in our new Book Vending Machine that was purchased through Cobb Grant Funds. I included a couple of pictures.
- Every Hy West student and staff member shares a hope or dream they have for the school year. We want to hear from you! What is YOUR hope or dream for your child in school? Please complete this Google form to write your hope or dream. We will display our families hopes and dreams around our school to inspire us daily!
- COVID cases in Barnstable are rising and our school had two positive cases last week. You will always be notified if your child is a close contact or if the positive case is in your child’s classroom. A reminder to please keep your child home if they are not feeling well and contact our School Nurse, Ricki Balestri (508) 790-6480 ext. 1532.
- At Hyannis West we value the importance of reading and we strive to get as many books to our students as we can. On Tuesday, Hy West will have their first Book Distribution Day of the school year. Thanks to the generosity of the Hyannis Rotary, every student will receive a free book and will have a guest reader in their classroom.
- Wondering what’s for breakfast or lunch each day?
Breakfast and lunch menus
- Our next PTO (Parent/Teacher Organization) meeting is Wednesday, December 1st at 6:00 p.m. via Zoom. Hope to see you there!
- For your child’s safety, each year we ask families to update their child’s contact information.
Portal link and directions.
The username is your child’s 6 digit ID (“lunch number”) which the classroom teacher or Ms. Curran can provide for you. The password is your child’s birthdate _ _/_ _/_ _ _ _.
Have a great week! If you ever have any questions, concerns or feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Mr. Currey or me.