November 14, 2021
Hello Hyannis West Families!
Thank you to everyone who attended our Hy West Virtual Open House last week! I hope you enjoyed meeting our teachers, learned about what a day of learning looks like, and heard about ways you can support your child at home. The staff worked extremely hard on their presentations and I hope, if you were unable to attend, you will take the time to view the presentations via the links I provided to you in previous emails.
- This week is a full week of school! Next week there is no school Wednesday through Friday, 11/24 - 11/26 in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Our Hy West Walk-a-thon was a big success! Lots of families came to cheer us on as we walked the perimeter of the school to promote health and wellness. As a school community we raised over $11,000 in donations that will be used to improve our playground! The classrooms that collected the most at each grade level were Mrs. B., Miss Walker, Ms. Duran, and Mrs. St. Onge.
- Every two weeks our school will focus on a Star Expectation. Last week and this week we are practicing using materials correctly. Every Friday a Star Student from each classroom will be recognized for following the expectation consistently. Their picture will be taken and displayed on a Star Student bulletin board.
- Our 3rd graders have received Chromebooks for in-school use only. Families of 3rd graders need to review the information provided below and complete the Google form. The information was also sent home with your child along with their email address and their 6 digit “lunch code” that you will need to complete the form.
- Please see the information below regarding an upcoming COVID Vaccination Clinic for children ages 5 - 11.
Student Vaccination Information
Spanish Student Vaccination Information
Portuguese Student Vaccination Information
- Wondering what’s for breakfast or lunch each day?
Breakfast and lunch menus
- Our next PTO (Parent/Teacher Organization) meeting is Wednesday, December 1st at 6:00 p.m. via Zoom. Hope to see you there!
- For your child’s safety, each year we ask families to update their child’s contact information.
Portal link and directions.
The username is your child’s 6 digit ID (“lunch number”) which the classroom teacher or Ms. Curran can provide for you. The password is your child’s birthdate _ _/_ _/_ _ _ _.
Have a great week! If you ever have any questions, concerns or feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Mr. Currey or me.