October 10, 2021
Hello Hyannis West Families!
It’s been a busy and exciting week at Hyannis West!
- Great news! We earned a school-wide Pajama Day for Friday, October 15th!! Students have been earning stars for being respectful, responsible and safe. Stars are then put into a Star Box at the front office. When the box is full the whole school earns a reward! So next Friday your child can wear their pajamas all day in school. Please no stuffed animals.
- We had our first PTO meeting this week! We discussed lots of ideas for family involvement and fun this school year. Our first PTO event for the year is our annual Walkathon on Friday, October 29th, at 2:00 p.m. Be on the lookout next week for details and a donation sheet. All money raised will go towards fun and exciting opportunities for all our students! Our next PTO meeting is Wednesday, November 3rd via Zoom.
- A reminder there is NO school on Monday, October 11th. Also, there is a half day of school coming on Wednesday, October 20th. Lots of learning still takes place on half days so please make every effort to have your child attend.
- It is extremely important for students to be involved in their learning for the entire day. It is disruptive to students and the classroom when early dismissals occur. Please try to make appointments outside of the school day (9:00 am - 3:30 pm) so that your child can engage in a full day.
- In order to promote an inclusive, joyful and respectful school community, Hyannis West Elementary prides itself in using the Responsive Classroom approach. At the end of the day students take part in a Closing Circle where they reflect on the best parts of their day and end the day in a positive way.
- A reminder that students require a mask to ride the bus and when in the school building. We are noticing more students arriving without a mask. While we have masks available, some don’t always fit so if you have masks that your child likes and will wear consistently, please be sure they wear it to school. Thank you!
- Water bubblers are not being used in school due to COVID restrictions so please remember to send your child with a water bottle.
- For your child’s safety, each year we ask families to update their child’s contact information. You will need your child’s 6 digit ID number which the classroom teacher or Ms. Curran can provide for you.
Have a great week! If you ever have any questions, concerns or feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Mr. Currey or me.