Acer Touch Chromebook
Grades 3-5 Chromebook
- The device issued to you by the school is only to be used for educational purposes.
- Discuss with your child what it means to be a “digital citizen” and what it means to use a technology device as a Student in School vs any technology that they may use at home. Common Sense/What Parents Need to Know (commonsense.org) has several resources for families. If both school and families at home provide a united front about Students, School, and school devices, we can provide proper support for students to learn the skills of digital citizenship.
- Encourage your child to develop a routine surrounding their use of technology:
- Your child is responsible for bringing the device to and from school each day. There are no loaners, so your child will be at a disadvantage if they forget their device. Have your student keep the device near their backpack, near the door, etc. The Chromebook has a military grade cover on it, but screens still can be broken if stuffed into a backpack full of books. The Cover has a handle if you choose to have your child carry the Chromebook to school.
- Charge the device at night, and leave your charger at home.
- Do not allow your child to take the device to bed with him/her!
- We encourage you to teach your child to care for their mobile device; we find if the expectations are taught, children often rise to the challenge! Keep the COVER on the device at all times.
- Carry the device carefully.
- Keep food and drinks away from your device.
- Use your iPad or Chromebook on a solid surface (like a desk or table).
- Shut down your device at LEAST once a week. (So updates can be applied).
- Clean the Touchscreen ONLY with a soft cloth. The keyboard can be cleaned and sanitized with an alcohol wipe or a wipe specifically made for technology hardware.
- The Acer Touch Chromebook is under warranty for ONE YEAR.
- NOTE: Please contact the technology department immediately if this device is misplaced. The device can be tracked through Securely as long as the device still has power. The device can be put in “lost mode” with information about its return.
- Families will be financially responsible to repair any breaks (screens, liquids, damages to keys and keyboards, etc). Therefore, it is imperative that students be taught to use this device responsibly.
- Screen Repair: $125.00
- Keyboard: $50.00
- Lost or Stolen Device: $275.00
- All other repairs will be privately quoted.
After the documentation is read by you and discussed with your child, please complete the Elementary Parent Mobile Device Info/Agreement form which indicates you have read the documentation.
- Follow the instructions provided in the BPS Acer Chromebook documentation to manually update the OS for your device.
- Watch an introductory video on YouTube.
- Flash (Flash player) will no longer be updated or supported as of January 1, 2021. HTML5 has replaced Flash. This means that some INTERACTIVE files may not play properly if the company and/or vendor have not switched over to HTML5. Contact your child’s teacher if this occurs.