Mask Wearing Resources
Below are resources families can use to help prepare their students for mask wearing this school this year. Masks are required for all students PreK-12, unless there is a medical or behavioral exemption.
- Practice wearing masks
- Effective mask-wearing and washing
- Find suggestions for mask wearing for elementary school-aged students
- Watch this How to Desensitize Children to Mask-wearing video
- More Mask Wearing Videos:
- CNN Video: Dr. Gupta shows Elmo how to put on a mask
- Wearing a Mask: A video for children
- PSA video with Bill Nye the Science Guy (for teen)
- How to wear a mask
- COVID related Social Stories
Updated Student Expectations
This year our schools have incorporated mask wearing, handwashing, social distancing, and remote learning into our expectation matrices. These expectations are explicitly taught to students and reinforced throughout the day. Here are some examples of these matrices.