Rules & Responsibilities and Parents' Right-To-Know
RULES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Our commitment to you is to maintain a safe and orderly learning environment for your child while providing the best academic program possible. As partners in education, we need to all be aware of expectations. While the Student / Parent Handbook provides an in-depth look at the code of conduct, the following will give you some insight as to what is to come:
At the Barnstable United Elementary School, we will emphasize to every student the following:
- Check your child’s homework every night.
- Work with the school to deliver a consistent message regarding student responsibility.
- Encourage your child to read nightly.
- Make sure your child is on time for school.
We ask parents and guardians to act as partners in education in these areas:
- Do your homework each and every night.
- Do the best you can each day in your classwork.
- Treat others the way you want to be treated.
- Respect self, others, and your surroundings.
- Take responsibility for yourself and your actions.
- Take care of each other.
Under the auspices of Section 1111 (h)(6) of the No Child Left Behind legislation, parents have the right to know the professional qualifications of their child’s teacher. In order to meet this requirement, BUES alerts all parents / guardians of any staff member who does not meet professional standards.