Day of Action
The Massachusetts Teachers Association has organized a Day of Action on June 1st to bring awareness to the importance of safer schools. Each school in our district will be taking action in ways that are appropriate for the age level at the school. Since the details of the tragedy at Robb Elementary School are not developmentally appropriate to share with our young preschool students, we will be taking action by spreading the message of kindness. Each classroom will be making a kindness sign to hang in our windows. We will also have 21 sunflowers on display outside our entrance to memorialize the victims of Uvalde. You may also notice the staff wearing maroon, Robb Elementary’s school color.
Building Safety Practices
We have many safety practices in place at Enoch Cobb Early Learning Center, which include:
- All entry/exit doors are kept locked at all times. If a door needs to stay open at arrival or dismissal time, a staff member will supervise the door.
- All visitors are required to enter through the main entrance and must state their name and the purpose of their visit. Appointments are confirmed prior to being let into the building.
- All staff members are trained in ALICE safety procedures in the event of a dangerous situation. ALICE is an emergency response protocol which emphasizes proactive, options-based strategies during a school intruder emergency. ALICE is considered the new “standard of care” and is endorsed by the U.S. Department of Education, FEMA, Homeland Security and Multiple Law Enforcement Agencies. In the event of an intruder, the priority is always to evacuate if safe to do so.
- Our building is equipped with indoor and outdoor cameras that can be accessed remotely by administrators and law enforcement.
- We use a communication app called, Navigate Prepared, which allows us to communicate quietly and immediately through our cell phones to notify law enforcement, administration during an emergency event.
Please reach out if you would like any more information about safety practices.
Thank you for working with us to keep our building healthy! We appreciate you keeping children home when they are sick. As of May 25th, the Department of Education updated quarantine guidelines for schools. No need to remember all the changing guidelines! If your child is exposed to Covid-19 or tests positive for Covid-19, just call Nurse Patty at 508-790-6493, extension 1515. She will let you know what next steps need to be taken.
Do you have questions about the transition from preschool to Kindergarten? Please click the link below!
To celebrate the end of a successful school year, we will be hosting a Family Picnic on June 22nd from 4:30pm - 6:30pm. Bring a picnic blanket or lawn chairs, pack a dinner and join us for a variety of outdoor games in the field.
We are now accepting applications for the 2022-2023 school year. If you know of families living within Barnstable with children ages 3-5 years old who may be interested in joining our program, please have them complete the preschool application on our website. Afternoon sessions are still available.
Full-time Paraprofessional Positions
Great news! We have two permanent, paraprofessional positions open for the 22-23 school year and the pay rate is going up! Please spread the word. Apply today!
- The last day of preschool is Friday, June 24th.
- Report cards and special education progress reports will be going home in your child’s backpack on Thursday, June 23rd.
- If your child is returning to Enoch Cobb Early Learning Center for the 22023 school year, information regarding his/her official preschool schedule, teacher and orientation session will be mailed to you in July.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions!
Nicole Caucci, Principal
508-790-6494, Extension 1513