Family & Student Responsibilities for Google Chromebook
Barnstable High School
Chromebooks need to be stored in a safe place:
- Extreme heat or cold will damage the Chromebooks
- Do not store in cars or leave in the sun
- Chromebooks need to be kept in a dry area
- Students should not keep food or drink near the Chromebook
- Objects should not be stored inside of the Chromebook when closed
- Chromebooks should be kept out of reach of young children and pets
Chromebooks should be taken care of:
- Chromebooks should only be cleaned with a microfiber cloth
- Students should not lean or put pressure on top of the Chromebook when it is closed
- Chromebooks should not be carried while open or by the cover.
- District-owned Chromebooks should never be taken to an outside computer service for any type of repairs or maintenance.
- Students and families are solely responsible for replacement costs for an intentionally-damaged Chromebook
Students need to bring their Chromebook to school everyday:
- Students need to charge their Chromebooks through the night.
- Students withdrawing from the district must return their Chromebook to the Technology office.
- Chromebooks are for school-related use while at school and at home.
- Please discuss with your student Internet safety and what you consider appropriate use at home.
- GoGuardian provides monitoring and internet filtering in compliance with the Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA). Go Guardian is active at both school and home.
- Please carefully read our Student and Family Chromebook Expectations.