The Barnstable Public School Professional Development Board will serve as a resource to the system so that site-based professional development plans and system professional development plans are organized in an efficient and effective manner that enhances inclusion of staff members as part of the decision making process. It is recognized that staff professional development will be evaluated to demonstrate its success with improved instructional strategies and academic growth for our students.
BPS Professional Development Board 2019-2020
Kristen Harmon, Asst. Superintendent
Keith Caldwell, BTA Vice-President
Jane Anglin, Doreen Britton, Amy Charron, Ann Mach-Dixon, Chaitra McCarty, Steve Moynihan, Deb Thomas
Catherine Zinni, Kari Morse, Bethann Orr, Jen Perry
The PD Board Guidelines
The Professional Development Board Policy of Procedures will adhere to the following guidelines:
- Encourage PD proposals and projects to be initiated by BPS staff and administration.
- The PDB will be available, upon request, as a resource for school councils and school administrators to help meet school improvement plan objectives.
- The PDB will disseminate all professional development opportunities to staff in a timely manner.
- The PDB will review and approve all professional development course/workshop/project proposals to ensure compliance with state, district, and/or individual PD objectives, and PDB guidelines.
- Develop a system for approval of course reimbursement including approval, processing and reimbursement.
- Develop a mechanism for the evaluation of all PD activities.