January 20, 2017
HS RAIDER REVIEWBy Hannah Fay, Student Public Relations and Marketing InternBarnstable High School News for: January 20, 2017Keeping the public informed of excellence at Barnstable High School.
- There are still families who have not completed the Annual Student Verification Sheet. This must be completed by February 1st. A link can be found on the Barnstable Public Schools website (www.barnstable.k12.ma.us) under “Back to School Student Information.” Students who do not complete the back to school forms by February 1st will be unable to access technology, receive medical attention, attend field trips, participate in clubs and sports, or retain parking privileges.
- Barnstable’s water quality testing report has been completed. Students should have brought a copy of this report home with them, so ask your child for this information!
- Orientation night for new students was held on Thursday, January 19th. This event was open to all new students, transfer students, and current 7th graders. Parents and students benefitted from student-led tours and an informative question & answer session.
- Mid-term exams will be held Tuesday, January 24th through Thursday, January 26th. Make-up exams will be held on Friday, January 27th. Please see the school website for complete testing schedules.
- Friday, January 27th will be a half day for students.
- Students can still sign up now for Profession Connections. This program allows for students to meet and speak with local professionals working in career fields that students are interested in. Please check the daily bulletin on the school website or contact Mrs. Eastman in room 2112 for details.
- MCAS Biology Re-Tests for students will take place on February 6th and February 7th.
- Barnstable’s Student Council marks another successful year in Toys for Tots donations. A total of 120 toys were donated from Student Council to kids in need this holiday season.
- The Senior All Cape Festival Concert will be held in the PAC on Saturday, February 4th at 2:00PM. The festival, held by the Cape Cod Music Educators Association, features the talents of a select group of students from across the Cape & Islands. Performers were chosen from a group of over 500 auditioning students based upon their achievement scores at the Audition Festival held in November. 28 Barnstable students will be performing in the concert this year. Congratulations!
- Barnstable Fine Arts III students and the JFK Museum in Hyannis invite you to the opening of “BHS and JFK: Artistically Honoring Our Past.” It will be held on Tuesday, February 7th to view student work honoring the life and legacy of John F. Kennedy. The reception will be hosted in the main lobby at 5:00 PM, and will showcase art created and curated by students after they were given a behind-the-scenes tour of the JFK Museum in Hyannis.
Check out our upcoming sporting events on: https://www.barnstable.k12.ma.us/athletics
- Congratulations to all 32 Barnstable High School students who will be advancing to DECA’s state competition in March! DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management in high schools around the globe. Students competed regionally to test their skills in one of these four categories. Good luck, Red Raiders!