November 7, 2016
HS RAIDER REVIEWBy Hannah Fay, Student Public Relations and Marketing InternBarnstable High School News for: November 7, 2016Keeping the public informed of excellence at Barnstable High School.
- The Drama Club is proud to present Deborah Brevoort's beautifully written and powerful play "The Women of Lockerbie." Showtimes will be on December 8th, 9th, 10th, 14th, 15th, 16th & 17th at 7pm. Additionally, there will be two special 2pm matinees on December 10th & 17th. General admission tickets are $10, and can be purchased online or at the door. Please see the school website for additional purchasing details. This is a play about love and kindness overcoming grief and evil, and celebrates the power of women's voices in being an agent for positive change in our world. This is a story of hope, and how we are in charge of our own thoughts, which in turn shapes our existence. It is an uplifting look at how humans can change grief into love and is a timely story for us to tell and hear. The Drama Club hopes for you to join them to “complete the circle that theater truly is.”
- School counselors are giving post-secondary planning presentations for Juniors and their parents Monday, November 7th at 6:00 PM and Wednesday, November 9th at 7:30 AM. All Juniors and their parents are strongly encouraged to attend one of these sessions, both of which will be held in the Junior/Senior cafeteria.
- The Barnstable Education Foundation’s 2nd Annual 5K/10K Run or Walk for success will be held on Saturday, November 12th at Centerville Elementary School. Adults can register early online for $28.50, or the morning of the event from 7:30 AM - 9:30 AM for $30. Youth registration is $15 for all 13-18 year olds, $10 for all 7-12 year olds, and free for those 6 and under. Youth starting time will be 10:00 AM, and adult starting time will be 10:30 AM. There will be prizes given out to those who finish first in their age group and event! BEF aims to build an endowment and disperse those funds through grants that provide support for creative projects and exemplary educational programs. Come support in raising funds for the benefit of students in the Barnstable Public Schools! All donations and volunteers are appreciated.
- On Tuesday, November 15th the annual Winter Sports Night will be held in the main cafeteria at 6:00 PM. All athletes who plan on playing a winter sport and their parents should attend. This is an opportunity for you to meet your future coaches, as well as to get information on tryouts and the coming winter season. Please plan on attending this important informational meeting.
- Barnstable’s annual Thanksgiving football game will be held at 10:00 AM on the turf on Thursday, November 24th. Barnstable will face off against long-time rival Falmouth High School. At halftime, Barnstable football alumni will be inducted into the Hall of Fame. Come cheer on Red Raiders, both young and old! Students: Spirit Week this year will take place from Wednesday, November 16th through Tuesday, November 22nd. Show your Red Raider pride by participating in ALL themed days leading up to the big game! See school website and be on the lookout for posters around the school for details on dress-up day themes. Remember, all dress code guidelines still apply.
- Credit for Life will be held all day in the Field House on Friday, November 18th for Seniors. Credit for Life is a nationally recognized program designed to help high school students develop personal financial management skills that they will use throughout their lives. Many thanks to all those throughout the community that make this day possible!
Check out our upcoming sporting events on: https://www.barnstable.k12.ma.us/athletics
- Congratulations to all Red Raiders who made it to the postseason! Boys’ Golf competed in the state tournament, while Girls’ Volleyball will compete in their first playoff game this year on Monday, November 7th.