Barnstable Public Schools
WELCOME TO OUR EXPRESS UPDATE
STUDENT INFORMATION SITE
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the Express Update Student Information site? This site was created so that parents/guardians can change contact information, such as phone numbers and addresses, conveniently and efficiently throughout the school year from the comfort of their home, without having to call or come into the school.
- What is the process to access the Express Update site? Parents/guardians can access the Express Update site from the district homepage (www.barnstable.k12.ma.us) or at https://update.barnstable.k12.ma.us/
- What information is needed before beginning the process? Before beginning the process you will need each student’s local identification number (see below), date of birth, and any information you will be editing or adding, such as addresses and phone numbers.
- Where is the student’s local identification number found? Many students know their local identification number (LASID), as it is used throughout their school experience. You can also find the LASID on and on your child’s lunch card, report card (grades 4-12), and in the family portal (grades 6-12). If you are still unable to find this number, please contact your child’s school. PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION FOR USE EACH YEAR.
- Will I have to create a user name and password? No, this has been created for each student. The username is the student’s LASID number and the password is their date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy), including the / sign.
- Do I need a different user name and password for each student? Yes, the username and password are unique to each student. The username is the student’s LASID number and the password is the student’s date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy), including the / sign.