All Cape College DayThe fair will be held at Barnstable High School's Field House on October 16th from 3:30-5:30. There are over 150 representatives from colleges and universities all across the country. To see an up to date listing of the schools that will be attending, please see https://thecisca.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/ACCD-list-2019.pdfBoston National College FairA large amount of colleges will be represented at the Seaport World Trade Center Thursday, April 30, 2020 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. & 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Friday, May 1 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. If you'd like to sign up for the event, you can do so at their website: https://www.gotomyncf.com/Registration/EventSelectForState?stateName=MassachusettsCollege Admission Representatives:
You can now schedule a college visit with us on line!Please go to: https://repvisits.com/ to schedule appointment with us.
- Get involved in Clubs, Activities, Work, Sports, Volunteerism
- Start strong in all of your classes
- PSAT’s (Optional for Juniors)
- Focus on Grades
- College Visits in Hub 4 (see upcoming events calendar on School Counseling Website)
- Begin college and career search on Naviance. Students should have a balanced list of schools relative to their own GPA and PSAT scores.
- Keep up grades
- Continue Involvement in school
- Keep up grades
- Register for SAT or ACT in May/June
- Pick senior classes (keep future plans in mind when selecting courses)
- ASVAB Exam for students interested in the military
- February Break is a great time to start to visit college campuses
- Students should start narrowing their list of Colleges in Naviance and be aware of testing requirements for each school they are considering.
- Register, if you have not registered for the May/June SAT
- April break is a great time to visit college campuses
- SAT or ACT Test
- AP Testing
- School Counselors will be working with Juniors in their English classes to start their autobiographical statement
- Juniors will start their college essay in English Classes
- Continue work on Essay and Autobiographical Statement
- Students should revisit their list of Colleges in Naviance to begin to narrow their search and think about where they will in fact apply in their senior year.
- Students can start to work on their Common Application.
- Counselors work with students in their English classes to discuss the post secondary college and career planning as well as procedures for matching Naviance and the Common Application
- Register for SAT or ACT as needed
- Finalize your list of colleges in Naviance making choices as to what deadline you will be working towards (Early Decision, Early Action, Regular, Rolling).
- Research the admissions requirements for each school to know what testing is required (for example, SAT Subject tests)
- Scholarship Bulletins will be coming out each month and are available in your TGA, Hub Offices, as well as the Scholarship Tab of the Student Support website. Continue to check for updates and great opportunities.
- Students can set up meetings with their school counselor to go over questions about the application process.
- SAT/ACT Testing
- Attend All Cape College Fair to gain further knowledge of each school you are considering as well as a great opportunity to meet with admissions representatives who read your application.
- Attend College Representative visits in Hub 4 (see upcoming events on Student Support Page) which continues through November.
- Financial Planning Night is an opportunity to learn about the college financing process and is held yearly.
- Families can begin filling out both the FAFSA as well as CSS Profile paperwork starting October 1st.
- Cape Cod Community College Pathways program begins to show students the opportunities available to them.
- Students who are considering applying Early Action or Early Decision should continue to check dates for their colleges.
- Field trip to Cape Cod Community College for students interested in the Pathways program.
- ASVAB testing will be offered for students interested in the military.
- February Scholarship Bulletin will be available for students that highlights both BHS Scholarships as well as Cape Cod Association and Foundation.
- Students will be getting correspondence from their colleges about financial aid as well as admissions decisions.
- May 1st is National Decision Day when deposits have to be in to the school of your choice.
- Senior Awards Night
- Senior Exit Surveys will be completed.