Barnstable Special Education Parent Advisory Council
Why Should I belong? There is strength in numbers! Membership is free and encouraged for all parents of children who receive services and for others who are interested in special education. This includes not only children on IEPs, but also children on 504s, and parents/guardians who think their children may need services. You will be able to make connections with parents/guardians and get support from others who have similar circumstances.
DO YOU KNOW:
- your child should be receiving all services identified in his/her IEP?
- your child should receive supports in place for students who are not receiving special education services?
- what to do if concerns cannot be resolved with your child’s Team?
SEPAC meetings are the perfect place to talk about these issues and learn what you can do.
- Meetings begin with SEPAC business—communicating what is working and hearing your thoughts, concerns, and suggestions for changes in programs and services.
- All information gathered is presented to Special Education Administration, the Superintendent, and the School Committee.
- Our focus this year is dedicated to presenting recommendations to improve special education in the District.
- Special presentations will follow SEPAC business at 6:30 p.m.
- Child care, pizza and water will be available as we have done in the past.
Visit the website regularly www.barnstablesepac.com or check our Facebook page @BarnstableSEPAC for updates.
This is YOUR parent advisory council. Be involved and help improve special education services in Barnstable Public Schools.