ResiliencyFactors that research has demonstrated to promote positive outcomes include the following:
- Possessing a personal attribute that leads to a positive response from others
- Enjoying meaningful, affectional ties with at least one other person
- Success in school
- Religious faith
The following 6 personal traits are also considered favorable protective factors contributing to resiliency:
- Insight (psychological sophistication)- Children "sense", adolescents "know" and adults "understand".
- Creativity (turning nothing into something)
- Humor (turning something into nothing)
- Initiative (self trust)- Children will "explore", adolescents will "work" and adults will "generate"
- Independence (disengaging or separating from dysfunction- making oneself scarce)- Children will stray, adolescents will disengage and adults will separate.
- Morality (spirituality)- Adolescents will display values, adults a sense of service