Non-Resident School Choice
If you reside outside of the Town of Barnstable and are looking to attend Barnstable Public Schools please see the following timeline. Resident students will be given priority placement in any classes or programs within the district.
- April 1: Application period will commence for the following school year.
- Applicants with siblings currently attending BPS will be placed first, prior to an enrollment lottery.
- June 1: Spring lottery (if there are more applicants than existing slots)
- Students not accepted after the Spring lottery will be placed on a waiting list.
- Applications received after the June 1 spring lottery will be kept separate from the waiting list. If the waiting list is exhausted, a summer lottery will occur.
- August 2: Summer lottery (if needed)
If slots remain after the summer lottery and there is no waiting list, students may be accepted as parents apply until a date specified by the principal.
In accordance with School Committee policy JFBB - School Choice, applications for the School Choice Program are now being accepted.