School Hours and Procedures
The Hyannis West Elementary school day is 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- 8:35 - Teachers are on duty at 8:35. Children who arrive before that time will remain outside and will not be supervised. When weather conditions are not favorable, children will enter the building and go directly to their classrooms.
- 9:00 - Official start of the school day. Doors are closed and locked at this time. Students arriving after 9:00 are tardy and must be signed in by an adult at the office. Breakfast in the classroom ends. All students should be in their classrooms at this time.
- All students who arrive by motor vehicles other than school buses will unload at the bus/carport between 8:35 and 9:00.
- Students will proceed directly to classrooms through the first or second carport school entrance.
- Students who arrive by bus will be dropped off in front of the school and enter through the front door.
- Students will proceed directly to their classrooms.
- 3:15 – Teachers prepare students for dismissal.
- 3:20 - Car pick-up students are escorted to the bus/carport. For safety purposes, please remain in your vehicle and staff will escort your child to your car. If parent/guardians want to get out of their car to meet their child they must park in the parking lot in front of Hyannis West entrance and walk to the carport. Students not picked up by 3:30 will be escorted to the front office.
- 3:30 - Bus students are escorted to the bus/carport at 3:30 or as buses arrive, providing that all parent vehicles have departed.
Half Day Dismissal: 12:00 P.M.