13 Principles of Teaching, Learning, and Curriculum
1. Effort produces acheivement.
2. Learning is about making connections.
3. We learn with and through others.
4. Learning takes time.
5. Motivation matters.
6. The teacher matters.
7. Focused teaching promotes accelerated learning.
8. Clear expectations and continuous feedback activates learning.
9. Good teaching builds on students' strengths and respects individuals' differences.
10. Good teaching involves modeling what students should learn.
11. The curriculum should focus on powerful knowledge.
12. All students should experience a thinking curriculum.
13. The best results come from having an aligned instructional system.